Garden State Veterinary Services in Woodbridge, NJ is excited to announce we are looking for an experienced veterinary technician to join our oncology department!
About GSVServices: We are a multispecialty practice with boarded specialists in cardiology, internal medicine, surgery, radiology, and critical care. Our clients and patients also have access to ophthalmology, oncology, radiation oncology, dermatology, and radioactive iodine treatment via our affiliated practice in Tinton Falls, NJ.
Why GSVServices: We are not your typical veterinary hospital! We know the winning recipe to maintain the care and compassion that our patients depend upon us for, is to create a safe and supportive space for you to put your skills to use, develop new skills, and be a part of our highly collaborative, fun, and friendly team! We are proud of our company culture and positive staff engagement within a fast paced, learning environment; and our associate employment longevity is proof of our commitment to take care of one another, and provide the highest standard of care to the patients we serve.
Veterinary Technicians at GSVServices can expect to do the following as a veterinary technician in oncology:
- Overseeing appointments and managing clients throughout their visit
- Participating with the Oncologist’s in-patient assessment, diagnostics, treatments, and procedures
- Provide injectable chemotherapy therapy depending on patient diagnosis
- Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood, urine, free fluid, and fine needle aspirates
- Utilizing different modalities of imaging for patient and procedural assessment such as radiography and CT
- Executing, monitoring, and recovering all assigned sedation and anesthetic events
- Accuracy in calculating and delivering anesthetic agents, fluids, and CRIs
- Review and understanding of all medical records pertinent to patient care
- Providing empathy, comfort, and unparalleled nursing care to all patients being a strong patient advocate during the patient’s hospitalization
- Maintaining all equipment on a per-use basis ensuring the safety and best practice care of all patients
- Providing extensive client communication and education on various oncology disease processes
- Experienced Oncology technician, CVT preferred; however, will consider those with 2+ years veterinary assistant experience and eager to grow in oncology
- Advanced knowledge along with preparation and administration of various chemotherapeutic agents is desirable
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written; organizational skills; proactive thinking and a positive attitude are also a must
- Positive outlook and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is expected
- Honesty, integrity, and a desire to learn and have fun!
- 4- day work schedule, 10 hour shifts
- Competitive salary based on your level of experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance, some plans paid 100%
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Retirement Plan – 401K with employer match
- Licensing fees paid for credentialed technicians
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time off
- Mental health support with Talkspace
- Uniforms provided
- Full Time credentialed technicians eligible for Sign On Bonus
- Pet discounts for medical care
Garden State Veterinary Services is located at 1200 Route 9, Woodbridge NJ 07095
Veritas Veterinary Partners is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the requirements of all applicable federal, state and local laws, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. Veritas does not currently sponsor applicants for work Visas, except for TN or E-3 Visa.
All current positions require the ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently. Additional fluency in other languages is preferred but not required.