Garden State Veterinary Services in Woodbridge, NJ excited to announce we are hiring experienced veterinary technicians for our Internal Medicine Department!
About GSVServices: We are a multispecialty practice with boarded specialists in Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Radiology, Neurology, and Critical Care. Our clients and patients also have access to ophthalmology, oncology, radiation oncology, dermatology, and radioactive iodine treatment via our affiliated practice in Tinton Falls, NJ.
Why GSVServices: We are not your typical veterinary hospital! We know the winning recipe to maintain the care and compassion that our patients depend upon us for, is to create a safe and supportive space for you to put your skills to use, develop new skills, and be a part of our highly collaborative, fun, and friendly team! We are proud of our company culture and positive staff engagement within a fast paced, learning environment; and our associate employment longevity is proof of our commitment to take care of one another, and provide the highest standard of care to the patients we serve.
Veterinary Technicians in the Internal Medicine Department at GSVServices will work side by side with our internist as you help manage patients with a variety of conditions including diabetes, kidney disease, and endocrine disorders. You will also assist with a many procedures which may include imaging, endoscopies, laparoscopies, biopsies, and interventional procedures including tracheal stenting, urethral stenting, and endoscopic management of urinary tract disorders.
On any given day, you can expect to assist with:
- General anesthesia for department procedures
- Set up CRIs and calculate medical math
- Place IV catheters and institute fluid therapy
- Position appropriately for radiographs and understand radiation safety
- Provide quality, compassionate care for hospitalized patients
- Maintain accurate treatment sheets and anesthesia records
- Obtain and prepare various blood samples for diagnostic testing
- Provide client education on a wide range of at home care
- CVT/LVT/RVT preferred, but will consider a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Veterinary Technician
- Comprehensive understanding of and experience with anesthetic monitoring
- Proficiency in processing basic laboratory specimens
- Working knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Understanding of normal vs abnormal physiologic ranges
- Commitment to help mentor and train veterinary assistants
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative environment
- Commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and our community
- Positive outlook and friendly, team-orientated attitude
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- The ability to deliver exceptional client service
- Honesty, integrity, and a desire to learn and have fun!
GSVServices is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary based on your level of experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance, some plans paid 100%
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Retirement Plan – 401K with employer match
- Licensing fees paid for credentialed technicians
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time off
- Mental health support with Talkspace
- Uniforms provided
- Full Time and credentialed technicians eligible for Sign On Bonus
- Pet discounts for medical care
Garden State Veterinary Services is located at 1200 Route 9, Woodbridge NJ 07095
Veritas Veterinary Partners is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the requirements of all applicable federal, state and local laws, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. Veritas does not currently sponsor applicants for work Visas, except for TN or E-3 Visa.
All current positions require the ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently. Additional fluency in other languages is preferred but not required.